I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all. ~Richard Wright

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Outlines and Reading Assignment

Hey folks,

Thanks to those of you who've already posted your thesis statements and commented on your classmates' theses.

In the previous post, I did forget to mention two things:

1. Please e-mail me your essay outline. Again, your outline should include the skeleton of your paper complete with thesis statement, topic sentences, and tentative textual evidence.

My address is tjohnson@greenriver.edu
(This is due by Thursday at midnight.)

2. Read pp. 20-45. These two chapters provide helpful information for developing your essay and include sample essays and research tools (don't forget you need to include two secondary sources).

Look for another post regarding the Gaines story by Friday. It won't be due until Monday, but some of you may want to finish sooner.

Remember if you have any questions about your essay, please let me know.

Good luck.

No comments: